Learn to make your own illuminated glasses to decorate different spaces in a different, beautiful and striking way. Sign up for these ideas!
The illuminated vessels are a decorative element as versatile as we wish. And, to devise novel pieces from certain materials with a different purpose is an excellent exercise of creativity and manual dexterity.
For example, we can give a new use to those materials and objects that, apparently, have a unique, daily and exclusive use. In this case, we will use the glasses to make a new type of lamps.
When it comes to testing our creativity is not necessary to resort to expensive materials , we can always try to reuse the objects that we already have and that, until now, we have not given them a use. The most used, in general, are plastic objects but we can also use glass, cardboard and paper.
Creative ideas with illuminated glasses
1. Angels of light
- 1 pencil
- Vegetable paper.
- Paper cups.
- 1 box of colored pencils
- Permanent indelible markers.
- Transparent adhesive tape or silicone cold.
- Small LED lights (without cable, preferably).
Procedure (for the angel’s dress)
- Take the vegetable paper and draw on it the edges of the glass in the following way: put the glass down and, while you roll it, mark the edge. You will get a curved shape that will fit the glass.
- Cut out the template Observe that you do not do it on the marked figure but at a centimeter and a half of the lines.
- Color the tissue paper as you wish.
- Fold the paper in accordion form. In this way you will give volume to the angel.
- When you have folded the paper, make cuts of geometric figures. Everithing you want.
- Open the paper and finish decorating. Use the markers to make details on the edge and various ornaments. The idea is to imitate the pattern of some fabric, like lace, so that the result is more striking.
Procedure (for the angel’s face and wings)
- Take another portion of the vegetable paper and draw the face of the angel. Stop it as much as you want or keep a minimalist style. Do not be afraid to opt for this second option if the suit you made is very elaborate.
- Mark the edges with a marker, as well as each part of the face so that the features we draw are noticed.
- Color as you want.
- Repeat the same procedure when you make the wings.
- Glue each piece to the glass with adhesive tape or very small points of cold silicone. Under the glass, place an LED light for the angel to light up.
You already have a beautiful ornament to place in any special corner of your home. It should be noted that these pieces do not have to be reserved for Christmas only. Everything will depend on the style we give it.
2. Luminous photographs
Here we propose a very creative idea to enjoy your moments immortalized in your home. Currently few people print their photographs and, instead, most prefer to store them in the memories of their mobile phones. It’s time to put the most pleasing moments in sight!
- Vellum paper.
- Glasses of glass.
- Double adhesive tape
Candles (traditional or battery).
Before indicating what are the steps to follow, we will give you some recommendations to make the work more optimal. The idea is that the show is creative and that it expresses, as a whole, the importance of that moment that you are going to remember.
We recommend that you use horizontal photographs , this way you will cover the entire space of the glass and the light of the candle will envelop the whole image. If you print the black and white photograph on vellum paper, you will give it a nostalgic touch.Read More: Benefits of best indoor plants at home for health
- Gently trim the photo so that it is level with the bottle and the embroider fit perfectly.
- After placing the image inside the glass, stick it with the adhesive tape.
- If your container is very large, you may need more than one photo to cover all its sides.
- After you paste the photo, place the candle (off) carefully inside the jar.
A point in favor is that in any space the candle will play an important role, since it will stand out with its light , or simply with its presence.
As an additional tip, we recommend that you use a scented candle to add additional touch to your glasses of lights.
We also give you an interesting fact: these illuminated glasses are a good option to set a family reunion indoors or outdoors. Go ahead and create your own versions of illuminated glasses!